Extracted from an e-mail to my granny Smith (from Dad):
As I did last year, I calculated it is cheaper to pay for a set of rugby league jerseys for my 'street boys' than to hire one so called security guard to guard the house each night during the holidays.
The street boys simply tell the criminals not to rob 'their friend'. So far it has worked. It's a bit like protection money to the local mafia..
So today I finalized the wording on the rugby jerseys. 'Tusitala Architects'on the front and 'Daima Ganz' on the back together with the number of theplayer. "Ganz" = "guns" in tok pisin.
Next year I may try to start 'junior scouts' with the little lads in the street. The bigger boys all look a bit too worldly wise and some even may have rascal connections- so I'd prefer to start with the younger ones.
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment