Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Stops during the cruise!


Mum, Dad, Ty, Sala, Sam and myself were lucky enough to fly to New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.

We spent time walking around Bourbon street and did some market shopping. I got to visit some famous Jazz bars - as you know it is famous for Jazz!

Who would've known that Mardigras is for EVERYONE...and that it didn't originate in Australia! he he he!


First stop Jamaica...maan!

Jamaica was HOT...coming from Wellington, it felt like I was on fire!
It was amusing to hear our van driver talk while showing us around. He would always end his sentences with "yeh man" or "respect"....what a great accent! I thought that they only spoke like that in the movies!
There were some amazing market stalls. Unfortunately we were in the tourist areas so we were constantly asked to look at merchandise etc. Famous line "it's no cost to look y'know".

Next stop, Grand Cayman Islands

I was taken by surprise! Imagine a huge shopping mall along the coast! We paid US$3 -00 for a nice coconut with a straw to drink the juice with!
We went snorkeling right outside a restaurant that was on the beach and saw lots of huge fish! The fish were like pets I guess because the restaurant would secretly throw food to them so that tourists would snorkel there and visit their restaurant too!

Final stop, coast of Mexico!

Really laid back feel to it. We went snorkeling and did a bit of shopping for gifts etc. It was nice to get some a set of three Mexican blankets - like the ones you see on T.V!

I feel so lucky!...Like the Kylie Monogue song "I could be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky"...anyway!

No comments: